Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On The Fourth Day of Christmas

On the fourth day of Christmas, the universe gave to me four consecutive illnesses to start out my new year. First there was the virus. then there was the bacteriological upper respiratory infection I was susceptible to because of the virus. Next, there was the infection in my tooth/jaw requiring the first root canal of my life. Finally, to complete the quartet, I had another bout with the same virus which appear to be lingering like the proverbial houseguest that won't leave.
The first thirty-one days and counting of 2012 have pretty much passed in a blur of coughing. My dog has been neglected. My life has been neglected. This blog has been neglected.
At a certain point, you have to just give up on the "When I feel better, I'll" thoughts and jump back into life. For February, I've adopted this quite possibly entirely too optimistic approach. I'm taking bets on whether or not it succeeds.

No comments: